Miss Earth 2011 Contestant - MISS ITALY EARTH 2011 - Angelica Parisi's Photo & Profile/Interview

Birth Name: Angelica Parisi
Birth Date: (age 23)
Birth Place: Torino
Occupation:
Height: 1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)
Measurements: 82-59-88
Hair color:
Eye color:
Title(s):
Major Competition(s):
Miss Earth 2011


BIOGRAPHY:

Information to be posted

INTERVIEW:

What environmental project will you create to promote the protection of Mother Earth and why?

The target of my project is to promote the use of local and Km zero products and provide information on seasonality of food using internet and social networks to share videos, podcast, recipes and information about this subject. In this society people have the bad habits to buy and eat everything they want without thinking about where it comes and it usually has a enormous environmental impact. A striking example can be an exotic fruit that comes from South America, it actually "weighs" 16.2 kg of CO2 that is the amount of CO2 emitted to carry it up in Italy by aircraft!

I decide to create this project because I think that little steps taken everyday by a lot of people can produce big changes. If we want to change the world, we must change our habits.

What makes you proud of the country you are representing, and what can you promote about your country?

I really love my country. Italy has his problem and I hope to see some changes in the next few years, but I think it's a good place to live. I would love to travel all around the world and meet new people, learn about their country but one thing I know for sure, after all, I will come back home.

Italy is art, history and everywhere you go you can feel the traditions; it is the place of good wine, good food and people speaking loudly. Everybody should come to Italy at least once in his life!

Describe your childhood/growing years.

I had a very happy childhood, I grew up surrounded by the love of my mother and my grandparents in a little farm in the countryside of Piedmont, in the North of Italy.

I think that farm is the best place to grow up because you learn about animals and nature. I still remember my favorite game! One day I built a wooden hut helped by my grandfather, it was my time machine, I was used to spend hours inside it dreaming about the past or the future and living amazing adventures.

What lessons did you learn from your childhood/growing years?

Growing up in a farm taught me a lot of things. I learned to hard work to reach the goal and help the others, but also how to respect the environment, the animals and the other people. I learned from my mother, that is a great model of life for me, to never give up and to always find the courage to go on, to never stop dreaming because life give us what we want and what we really deserve.

What is your most memorable moment?

My most memorable moment is when I left home to move to Pisa, the famous town of the Leaning Tower, to continue my university study. I had the possibility to stay home and study at the university of Turin, but I wanted to make something different, something more difficult. Living alone, work and study, it is quite hard but very formative and I'm happy for the decision I made. Now it's four years that I live alone and I miss living with my mum, but I feel that this experience made me grow up faster and after all I love challenges, that's why my slogan is "Per aspera sic itur ad astra" (Seneca, Hercules furens, atto II, v. 437).

What is your environmental advocacy?

My environmental advocacy is reduce pollution. Our society is destroying almost everything, pollution is everywhere, in the air, in the water, in the soil and we must do something before it is too late.

First of all, I want to work on my project to make people understand that we can reduce air pollution when we go shopping, choosing local products. If we start to change our habits, something must happen!

This is just one of the many project that I have in my mind, but we have to go on by little step.


PHOTO GALLERY:



Special thanks to Wikipedia & www.pinoyexchange.com/ & www.missearth.tv

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.missearth.tv/
http://en.wikipedia.org/
http://ocean-blu.blogspot.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Paid To Promote