Miss Earth 2010 Best in National Costume

Japan's Marina Kishira was declared winner of the Miss Earth 2010 National Costume competition during the event held in Phan Thiet on Saturday. The rest of the top 5 ladies were the contestants from Mexico, Brazil, South Africa and Ecuador. Miss Japan, who was also named Miss Sea Links City, takes home a prize of USD 5,000.00.

Marina wore a modern gown with an intricate design at the back mimicking the Japanese Art of Tattooing or Irezumi. Irezumi is a traditional Japanese art. Oukoshisei regards tattooing as an art form, expressing the greatness and the beauty of tattoos.

"This is my costume, it was inherited to me. I wore it to bring hope and to show a different world for the modern Japanese women -who are not only associated with kimono costume.", Miss Japan said. She was surprised by her victory that night, and she wanted to convey the images of Japan's blooming fresh flowers and murmuring water flows with it.

"With this victory, I was able to show a new culture of our country to the world. I do not think I would win or lose, but I am surprised and was proud prior to winning. This award as well as my luck is for Japan and the significance of this outfit.", she added.

Completing the top 5 were delegates from South Africa, Ecuador, Mexico, and Brazil.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Paid To Promote